1. Alert friends and followers in advance about plans to broadcast live, in order to build up anticipation.
2. Ensure that you have a fast enough connection to broadcast live video, preferably WiFi or 4G. Be aware that the “Go Live” button will be grayed out if the signal is not strong enough to support Facebook Live.
3. Post a description of what you are about to share before going live.
4. Ask friends and followers to sign up for notifications so that they are aware of your Facebook Live offerings.
5. Respond to comments by saying hello and mentioning the names of users who comment.
6. Stay live for longer time periods: Facebook recommends at least 10 minutes, and the feature supports broadcasts up to 90 minutes.
There are plenty of live video platforms out there, and you may be successfully using some of them already. That's fine if you're sure you're reaching your fans, but keep in the mind that Facebook has more users outside the United States than in. If you want to reach those fans, consider using Facebook Live.
Any purchases made through our Amazon links help support this blog at no cost to you (just click here).